Friday 21 August 2020

Sci Fi Terrain





During lock-down, which seems so long ago now, I decided to publish the Sci Fi rules I'd been working on for the last five years.

Having wrangled and re-wrangled the rules into some frame of playability, I realised it was time to move into some more serious testing.

Wanting to make things fun for those players who would give up their time to help nail down the finer details by playing, I decided to rummage through the Sci Fi boxes and finish some terrain.

So first came out the plethora, yes plethora, of tropical fish tank plants and they got a good basing and bit of paint. Then I started on some bunkers.








Pretty sure these were purchased from Dameonscape or GZG, not sure now as I can't find them on the Internet. But they all got a serious drybrushing and some signs, printed at the local printer.












There's three all up with a connector-thingy for two of them. 






They're a modular build so you can extend and join as you like, but after photoing them, I'm pretty sure they gonna get glued as the parts keep on moving when in use.

They came with resin roofs but they were a bit too busy for my liking so I made roofs from card, printed at the local printer.


























They're originally made for 25/28mm and as I have no 15mm terrain at present, I built some add-on parts to scale the bunkers down.... using card, printed at the local printer.

As 25mm buildings

As 15mm buildings

Then I got the madness and built some crates and displays for internal details, also from card, printed at the local printer.

I made interior floors using the same technique which finishes the bunkers nicely.

The boxes/crates came together pretty quickly and the commons on the internet made for some interesting finds for private use.

The local printer was good value as my home printer doesn't print card and the colour from their printers is so much brighter and more solid.

Watch out  behind you...!

Then the perimeter wall got some brief attention with some grey paint, think these came from a bloke in Australia

Along with these awesome landing pads, which got some landing details and ramps for smaller scales, made from card, printed at... you know where



The fish tank plants take some 'suspension of belief' but really make for an excellent jungle planet.

Next blog, I made some external walls for the BattleSystems card terrain... as they no longer stocked the external walls for my five year old system, I made them from card... printed at the local printer.

Where you running to? To register for Beta testing for the Universal Science Fiction Gaming System!

2 comments:

  1. Most impressive, you have an amazing talent for details which elevate all your terrain to a much higher level. Love your stuff here!

    ReplyDelete